I feel awkward asking but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashliewood

5 Year Member
Am
Going out of town and traveling across states, it's very cold where I'm going and I'm wondering of there is anyone who would mind "boarding" my Russian? It's only for maximum of 7 days. I don't want to leave him
Home and entrust his health to someone who doesn't know diddly about tortoises and I doubt I can keep him warm
Enough in the 12 hour car ride. I live near Seattle, wa if there is anyone willing to open their home for a week I would be so ecstatic!

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
RE: I feel ackward asking but...

I hope you find someone. I'm going to be traveling soon too, and I was totally stressed about leaving my torts in the care of another. Thank goodness I spoke w/a few members & they put my mind @ ease. Good luck to you! :)

Ashliewood

5 Year Member
I'm just trying to see if anyone is interested in the Seattle area?

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
I live in Vancouver, Wa, and would watch him for you for a week or so if you are coming this way. Hopefully there is someone in the Seattle area too?

Ashliewood

5 Year Member
I wish we were going
Through there :-/ I would take you up on that!!

allegraf

10 Year Member!
You could also contact your local reptile stores, some of the stores in Florida do "boarding" for reptiles and at least you know they know what they are doing.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
There's a great Herp Society based in the Seattle area, Pacific Northwest Herp Society (PNWHS). I'm sure you could find a reliable reptile keeper there who'd be willing to pet sit for you through that community. http://pnwhs.org/ Good luck!

Ashliewood

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone for the replies!! I'm
Checking into those options. Also I tried planting his enclosure but he eats all of it as it pops up..

Status
Not open for further replies.