Boo! Got owned by this tortoise :/

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Newport Coast, CA
Last week I was renting a place in the central coast of California. I have been near here two years in a row, during a drought. This year, with record rain I thought to myself "I'm going to get out there and see what amazing things I can bring home to this spoiled tortoise."

Cant say I found much I haven't seen before but as it was a little later in the year some wild blackberry was coming ripe. Blackberry is more or less a rose so I said "Why not try some leaves? I'll even find her a ripe berry as the most special treat ever, as she doesn't get fruit."

I'll tell you why not and it's because anyone with a lick of sense would know you will rip your hand on the thorns. I have plucked berries as a child--I knew better! But once I'd started there was no turning back.

Can you see these thorns?!! I am a fool.

IMG_0479.jpeg

As I was already bleeding I hauled a very small stem home, along with three berries. She took a bite of leaf. Meh. She then licked a berry, thought about it, and said "No thanks."

Are you for real right now lady? I tried an extremely ripe berry on her the next day. Same response.

They only ever do what they want, when they want.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Last week I was renting a place in the central coast of California. I have been near here two years in a row, during a drought. This year, with record rain I thought to myself "I'm going to get out there and see what amazing things I can bring home to this spoiled tortoise."

Cant say I found much I haven't seen before but as it was a little later in the year some wild blackberry was coming ripe. Blackberry is more or less a rose so I said "Why not try some leaves? I'll even find her a ripe berry as the most special treat ever, as she doesn't get fruit."

I'll tell you why not and it's because anyone with a lick of sense would know you will rip your hand on the thorns. I have plucked berries as a child--I knew better! But once I'd started there was no turning back.

Can you see these thorns?!! I am a fool.

View attachment 358649

As I was already bleeding I hauled a very small stem home, along with three berries. She took a bite of leaf. Meh. She then licked a berry, thought about it, and said "No thanks."

Are you for real right now lady? I tried an extremely ripe berry on her the next day. Same response.

They only ever do what they want, when they want.

My god!!!!
Those thorns!!!!!
Your poor hands 🙌!!!
Poor soul….
I know what you’re feeling…
They take and they take and no respect or thank you. Not even a Mother’s Day card!!
Bunch of 🤬.
They (at one point or another) deserve a right kick in the pants 👖!!!
I tell mine all of the time…
“Do you know how many starving animals would love to eat this!” Or
“I wonder how much you’ll remember the care I gave you once I am gone and the next person just throws yellow and green squash with a handful of lettuce on the floor and walks away”.
I Finnish with a big FATTTT……..
“YOULL BE SORRY BUSTTA!” 😝😂

All that said,, I have one word for you my love and it’s :
NEOSPORIN!!!!!!
In globs!!!! 👏👏👏👏👏👏

🙏❤️🍫🍫🍫🍫🎈