Bookshelf tortoise table

Esmerelda

5 Year Member
Hello all! Esmerelda the leopard tortoise here my dad has decided ive gotten too big for my current enclosure and wants too build me a new tortoise table from a bookshelf. Ive seen lots of ideas that have been posted and they all look so good. i have a few questions that i hope some people could help with! First off does the entire bookshelf need a sealing/coating inside an out or would say a pond liner be enough for waterproofing, holding moisture? Second does there need too be drainage if live plants are added?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Hello all! Esmerelda the leopard tortoise here my dad has decided ive gotten too big for my current enclosure and wants too build me a new tortoise table from a bookshelf. Ive seen lots of ideas that have been posted and they all look so good. i have a few questions that i hope some people could help with! First off does the entire bookshelf need a sealing/coating inside an out or would say a pond liner be enough for waterproofing, holding moisture? Second does there need too be drainage if live plants are added?

A very warm welcome to the forum! :tort:

Please read the so-called "Beginners Mistake" Thread as well as care sheets, and ask questions whenever in doubt. :)

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
Hello. A pond lining or even a shower curtain should work great. I do not have drainage in mine. Just don't over water. How big is your leopard? Remember they need high humidity to grow smooth. I have covered my tables with plastic to hold humidity and heat in.
0531150808.jpg