bored so I cleaned out my desk...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I'm not much good at taking a picture of a picture, so bear with me.

This was my favorite mare, Wendy, and the first foal she had. It was a little colt and just the perfect little appaloosa coloring:

horse pictures b.jpg

We bred her back to the same stallion, and a year later she had this guy. The picture with me holding the lead rope was for his registration picture, so I'm standing way back to be out of the picture. He was a really big boy, as you can see. He's pretty tall compared to my 5'5" height and he's only almost two in the picture:

horse pictures a.jpg

Next up is a beautiful turkey we raised from a baby. By the time he was this size he was so heavy that he had trouble walking. The white one in the foreground was female:

turkey.jpg

I was able to get some pretty clear pictures of the pictures, however, in order for the flash to not reflect in the pictures I had to angle the camera a little. That made them blurry.

I kind of miss those days. Gad I love animals!!

Delilah1623

Gorgeous horse! I used to have a little toy appaloosa when I was a kid that looked just like that!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sometimes I wish I could go back to some of those days. The fun of having a horse, showing it, talking to it, grooming it, just no other care in the world but making the animals happy. Yes, the good old days.
Beautiful horses there Yvonne.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Oh and an old friend of the family, way back when I was a kid, had a giant male turkey, a white one though, that also was so big it could hardly walk, but boy was he a show off and a beautiful guy. If his owner told him to attack, he would go running after YA, that was scary

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
Beautiful horses. That turkey is one chubby turkey. Thanks for sharing.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Those pictures are great!
The appaloosa's are stunning! My favorite breed of horses.
So cool that you owned them.