Bowser update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
Well, I finally managed to get a weight and measurement on Bowser. I used the bucket method and it worked perfectly. He only weighs 34.4 lbs. He feels much heavier than that! I lift a 50lb bag of dog food every other week and he feels about that weight. XD His plastron is 17" long.

He's doing great eating nonstop and keeping my grass well trimmed. I got a few face shots of him earlier. Look at that face!

Attachments

• securedownload (8).jpg
    securedownload (8).jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 63
  • securedownload (9).jpg
    securedownload (9).jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 55
  • securedownload (10).jpg
    securedownload (10).jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 60

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
He looks like a happy tortoise for sure .

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
Lol he is. He gets the run of the yard. Except for the dogs' corner. They have an area penned off so they can't bother him.

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
Thanks! My next step for this guy is to get his "pool" set up. I have a kiddie pool that I had for my nephew but he never uses it so I'm going to partially bury it and cut a door out so he can easily get in and out.

MoireErin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Knobs of KY
he so precious!! And I am sure the nephew will get over it just because Bowser is so cool!

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
Bowser is enjoying life at his new home. He had his first treat today. A little bit of watermelon. He LOVED it. I don't think I've ever seen him eat anything as quickly as he ate his treat.

Attachments

• securedownload (11).jpg
    securedownload (11).jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 26
  • securedownload (12).jpg
    securedownload (12).jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 23
  • securedownload (13).jpg
    securedownload (13).jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 22

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
omgdoubletacos said:
Bowser is enjoying life at his new home. He had his first treat today. A little bit of watermelon. He LOVED it. I don't think I've ever seen him eat anything as quickly as he ate his treat.

Have you ever fed him mulberry leaves. The first time I threw a branch from my neighbor's mulberry tree into Chuck's pen he ran to them a started eating. I swear he did not even sniff them once before he started in. Chuck loves a watermelon too.

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
I tried him on some when I got him a little over a week ago. But I think he was still too stressed from the car ride and all the changes to try something new. We had a mulberry tree just pop up randomly. I'm not complaining though. FREE TORTOISE FOOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.