Box Turtle egg chalking?

eec0354

5 Year Member
One of my Florida Box turtles laid eggs late Monday evening(put into incubator at that time, as well). It is now Thursday morning and I haven't seen any signs of chalking. Is this a normal timeline or what is the normal timeline for egg chalking in box turtles?

DoubleD1996!

Location (City and/or State)
Memphis
One of my Florida Box turtles laid eggs late Monday evening(put into incubator at that time, as well). It is now Thursday morning and I haven't seen any signs of chalking. Is this a normal timeline or what is the normal timeline for egg chalking in box turtles?
They usually start to chalk after a few hours, maybe a day.

If they are kind if yellow, there's a chance they aren't fertile, but I keep eggs until they stink, because you never know.

You could also candle the eggs. Keep it in the position the same as you dug it up, sit it on your phone light/flashlight and look for a red dot.

eec0354

5 Year Member

If they are kind if yellow, there's a chance they aren't fertile, but I keep eggs until they stink, because you never know.

You could also candle the eggs. Keep it in the position the same as you dug it up, sit it on your phone light/flashlight and look for a red dot.

That's too bad. I think mine must be infertile.