Boy or Girl?

Trina89

Location (City and/or State)
Leicester
Hi I'm new to this group and a first time tortoise mummy. I've had my tortoise for six months now and the lady I got my tort from said that she is a girl. But I'm not sure I've noticed sometimes when she has urinated she has a little something hanging out that I think may be a a boys part. It doesn't make a difference to me if she is a girl or a boy I love him/her completely I would just like to know. Also if she is a boy I'm not sure the name Evangeline would suit a boy lol ?

Attachments

• 20201221_140458.jpg
    20201221_140458.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
  • 20201221_140450.jpg
    20201221_140450.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 38

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hi I'm new to this group and a first time tortoise mummy. I've had my tortoise for six months now and the lady I got my tort from said that she is a girl. But I'm not sure I've noticed sometimes when she has urinated she has a little something hanging out that I think may be a a boys part. It doesn't make a difference to me if she is a girl or a boy I love him/her completely I would just like to know. Also if she is a boy I'm not sure the name Evangeline would suit a boy lol ?
Yes, it appears the penis is protruding as you have noted. You will probably want to shorten the tortoise's name from "Evangeline" to "Evan".

Trina89

Location (City and/or State)
Leicester
Yes, it appears the penis is protruding as you have noted. You will probably want to shorten the tortoise's name from "Evangeline" to "Evan".
Thank you for clearing that up for me just glad it's not a trip to the vet job.