Boy or girl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3appleshigh

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
She/he is around 8/9 months, so I know it's hard to tell, but what do you think?

image-1727993821.png

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
It looks huge for 8 or 9 months, if that is it's real age, to young. Plus a bottom shot of the tail would help.

3appleshigh

5 Year Member
UK
I'll take a photo as soon as I get chance next to a ruler for scale. I bought it from a pet shop who said they'd had it in for 6 weeks and they'd bought it off a breeder when it was 6 months, this was just over a month ago

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Very pretty russian!!! Too small to tell the sex for sure. Impossible to know how old he is without knowing when he hatched or around the date he hatched. I would say older than 8-9 months old though.

3appleshigh

5 Year Member
UK
Thanks for all the replies, I also thought she looked female even though I know its impossible to accurately sex until they mature, the guy in the pet shop was adamant that she was a he, so I asked if it had been surgically sexed, he said no, he could always just tell, hence why I thought I'd thought I'd ask here for your opinions. I'll refer to her as a her henceforth. I'm really intregued as to her age now. What size should a 9 month old juvenile be. I've had a look around online and can't find any information on size vs age

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
My Tootsie Roll is a little over 7 months and looks similar in size. She/He is just about 3" long and weighs 92grams. My other baby is a little over 5 months old and is 2.5" and 64 grams. So 9 months looks like it could be right to me.

3appleshigh

5 Year Member
UK
That's good to know, she sounds just about right on track then, she was 111g at the last weigh in

Status
Not open for further replies.