Boy or girl?

KsivaD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Mississippi
My Leo is almost 9 inches now and I've always called it a he but was wondering if the experts could weigh in on what y'all though it was. Thanks!
Kelli

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Kelli:

I think you forgot to put up the picture! :p

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I'm thinking male but I thought it would be more obvious at that size . Not sure

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
looking male to me as well.

0.1.0 Sonoran Desert Tortoise
0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise
1.0.0 Bluenose Pitbull/American Bulldog

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Is the plastron, bottom shell concaved? My male is only two and a half and his tail at two looked as long as yours. Now at two and a half it looks even longer then yours. However, I would say a male.

Oh, at two his plastron was concaved and he flashed me. In September he was 30 months and 8 inches

richybear

5 Year Member
Looks like my boy . So you have a baby boy

Sent from my GT-N7100 using TortForum mobile app

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I agree with the above, the tortoise is definitely male.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I must say, that is one super clean tortoise!! How do you manage to keep him so clean?

jshaw9_

5 Year Member
What does it weigh and how old is it?

Are you sure it's 9inches?

gigios

5 Year Member
Cyprus
Maybe I m mistaking guys ..but it seems like a female to me..the tail is short, cloaca opening is not extending away from the plastron, and ok doesnt look so concave to me on the bottom...although last one is not so obvious from the angle of the photo...

But ok thats my opinion...i have 3 Leopards, 2 are females of 28.5 cm and 37 cm and a juvenile of 17 cm that yet i havent identified its sex , but i guess its too young for that! yet :cool:

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Re: RE: Boy or girl?

gigios said:
Maybe I m mistaking guys ..but it seems like a female to me..the tail is short, cloaca opening is not extending away from the plastron, and ok doesnt look so concave to me on the bottom...although last one is not so obvious from the angle of the photo...

The tail is tucked, how can you tell it's length? I can't see the cloaca, how can you?

These are all just guesses but "he" is still small enough that no one is certain.

gigios

5 Year Member
Cyprus
[/quote]

The tail is tucked, how can you tell it's length? I can't see the cloaca, how can you?

These are all just guesses but "he" is still small enough that no one is certain.
[/quote]

Yes I know its not very obvious as it could still be an immature specimen, but i can see clearly that the tail is short..males have a fat longer tail, even if tucked in, its obvious in length..
I' m not saying I'm right...I'm guessing by my knowledge like you guys... anf offcourse from a photo the chance of being right is less..:)