Bragging up "Big Apple Herps"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
I am not sure if this is the right place to do this, but here is a big thumbs up for http://www.bigappleherp.com and their customer service.

I like Big Apple for a lot of reasons (good products, stuff they make themselves, etc.), but I recently had a very nice customer service situation that just added to my appreciation.

I ordered an off-brand UVB bulb/heat lamp, which worked for about a minute and blew. I emailed and they immediately wrote me an order for a replacement without needing to return the other first (they sent a pick-up order via UPS instead). Sadly, the bulb was backordered, which they told me promptly.

While waiting, I decided I wanted to upgrade. I wrote a late-night missive that was answered within hours and all I had to do was to call and give a credit card number for the difference. I did it the next day and they had all the info they needed right there at their fingertips.

A few days later, my torts are relaxing under a T-Rex PowerSun unit and everyone is happy... well, as happy as we can be with spring not fully here.

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
Mark,

Not to split hairs......but I believe PowerSun is a ZooMed trade name, not T-Rex.

What off brand did you try? I thought about trying a Flukers.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I don't think I've ever seen or heard of "Big Apple Herp" before.

Are they new or just small scale?

I buy a lot of Taco's gear online, so I will try them next time I'm looking around.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
bettinge said:
Mark,

Not to split hairs......but I believe PowerSun is a ZooMed trade name, not T-Rex.

What off brand did you try? I thought about trying a Flukers.

Huh... where the heck did T-Rex come from there? It IS the ZooMed.

The off-brand was the SunForce ( http://www.bigappleherp.com/Sun-Force-Mercury-Vapor-Bulbs?sc=2&category=20 )

I was trying to save a few bucks since UVB is not critical for Red-foots and I figured with the warmer weather, I could use a cheapy bulb until fall. Not my smartest idea.

Stephanie Logan said:
I don't think I've ever seen or heard of "Big Apple Herp" before.

Are they new or just small scale?

I buy a lot of Taco's gear online, so I will try them next time I'm looking around.

I think they are a good sized operation. They have their own brand of thermostats, misters, etc. that look absolutely wonderful!

Status
Not open for further replies.