broken basking light

tinkthetortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Uk
hello, my adult russian's basking light has broken - will he be okay without it for a day? it's hopefully being delivered tomorrow fingers crossed so it'll most likely just be for today.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Could you take him outside into sunshine in the morning? That's the best basking light there is! Just to give him a chance to warm up for breakfast.

And, Happy Birthday!
tapatalk_1556520376626.png

Dbrocato2

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Taunton, MA
hello, my adult russian's basking light has broken - will he be okay without it for a day? it's hopefully being delivered tomorrow fingers crossed so it'll most likely just be for today.
You can pop in an incandescent light if you have one around thats what I use for basking

tinkthetortoise

Uk
Could you take him outside into sunshine in the morning? That's the best basking light there is! Just to give him a chance to warm up for breakfast.

And, Happy Birthday!
View attachment 302829
gonna take him out now - it's a bit later on but he'll definitely love the sun, bit tricky being in the uk but luckily it's pretty hot here today!!

thank you so much!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The tortoise should be fine for one day with out a heat lamp. There are cloudy days in the wild too. But you can get a new one at any hardware or department store. I usually buy 6 or 12 packs, so that I always have a replacement on hand. If you are buying reptile specialty bulbs, then you are using the wrong bulbs.