bromination in new house

Lis W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Western US
Hello,
I am wondering what the ideal temperature is for bromination in a Berlandier tortoise. Our male tort is at least 25 years old, we have had him for 18 years. Two years ago, we lost our house in Colorado during the Marshall Fire. Luckily we were able to save all our animals. We have now rebuilt our home and we included a tortoise closet in our new house. The problem is the temperature hovers right around 68 degrees F. His old winter resting place in the basement crawl space averaged 52-55 degrees. Please advise about how to go into this winter. Is 68 degrees cold enough?
Thank you,

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello,
I am wondering what the ideal temperature is for bromination in a Berlandier tortoise. Our male tort is at least 25 years old, we have had him for 18 years. Two years ago, we lost our house in Colorado during the Marshall Fire. Luckily we were able to save all our animals. We have now rebuilt our home and we included a tortoise closet in our new house. The problem is the temperature hovers right around 68 degrees F. His old winter resting place in the basement crawl space averaged 52-55 degrees. Please advise about how to go into this winter. Is 68 degrees cold enough?
Thank you,
68 is not cold enough. I like 48-50 for gophers species.

Check this out: