Brumation

MrMarg&me

Location (City and/or State)
Temecula California
So... I am really starting to miss my box turtles. It happens every January. I anticipate it. They have been out since November. When we discovered Miss Marg is Mr Marg we built Pearl her own 5 x 10 enclosure. Two days after completion Pearl went under the leaves. I have not had the opportunity to see her enjoy it. I check on them every day. Well they say "absence makes the heart grow stronger". Just thought this community would understand.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
I sure do! Our Russian is having a very long brumation this year, due to some unusual weather in October.

I’m counting the days!

Bunny2746

Panhandlle of Florida
So... I am really starting to miss my box turtles. It happens every January. I anticipate it. They have been out since November. When we discovered Miss Marg is Mr Marg we built Pearl her own 5 x 10 enclosure. Two days after completion Pearl went under the leaves. I have not had the opportunity to see her enjoy it. I check on them every day. Well they say "absence makes the heart grow stronger". Just thought this community would understand.
I miss mine too!

Birmingham, alabama

How do you check on them? weigh? Hydrate?
I have a brumating box, adult male.. Outside...

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
my guys go under for hibernation and i don't see them for months. I worry about them, but they have done great the past couple of years.