Build 1.0 :,D

P

pguinpro

So initially I was using a cactus soil that had small rocks. After reading reccomendations and a few threads I rebuilt! Coconut coir, Orchid moss, and some organic topsoil way down for the aloe plants. Looks pretty good? Eventually I want to buy a 100 gallon lexan.20180707_190531.jpeg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looks nice, but I had too tell you this but a few changes are needed.
He needs to be in a closed chamber. High 80% humidity and temps no lower then 80 day and night with the basking spot of 95-100.
The water dish is a tipping hazard because of its straight sides. The tortoise can easily fall onto its back and possibly drown. A clay saucer is better, safer, and should be buried level with the substrate.

P

pguinpro

Looks nice, but I had too tell you this but a few changes are needed.
He needs to be in a closed chamber. High 80% humidity and temps no lower then 80 day and night with the basking spot of 95-100.
The water dish is a tipping hazard because of its straight sides. The tortoise can easily fall onto its back and possibly drown. A clay saucer is better, safer, and should be buried level with the substrate.
His basking spot is 95-100 and humidity is always 80 or more. :)
As for the water bowl it's level with substrate and contains very little water never filled; he's under constant supervision 24/7.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
His basking spot is 95-100 and humidity is always 80 or more. :)
As for the water bowl it's level with substrate and contains very little water never filled; he's under constant supervision 24/7.
So you do have a cover that goes on it? That's great cuz an open top will never be 80% humidity. It's hard enough keeping a closed top at 80% let alone an open top.

P

pguinpro

So you do have a cover that goes on it? That's great cuz an open top will never be 80% humidity. It's hard enough keeping a closed top at 80% let alone an open top.
Family member has COPD we have a humidifier and it's always 80ish and even at night it's less but the humidity reader is in his hide which is filled with moss and maintains 80% or better; I dont have a cover because when I bought the tub the cover was yellow not clear :/.