building a redfoot enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Check for posts in the photo section(not right now) I will probably be able to get out and take a ton of pictures over the weekend. Actually I will take some snaps right now and post them in here

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
JustAnja said:
Redfootedboxturtles said:
I always pick up used one too. I have too many. No I don't modify them at all. I use cypress mulch with a couple hide spots. And when I give the big guys water I always soak down the mulch. Has to be done every day. But it says nice best of both worlds ventilation and humidity.

Do you have pics of the ones you have setup for small redfoots by chance? :)

"Come as you are" pic of my rabbit cage for two small redfoots.
100_3687.jpg

Here are the room mates.
[img=400x300]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m291/TNTTURTLEMAN/100_3697.jpg[/img]

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
Now if we all lived in Southern FL we could do like Vince does. I think he keeps forgetting most of us have below FREEZING temps right now. And heating systems suck the humidity right out of the air.

If your redfoot looks like he's crying all of the time.. it's because the air is too dry!

* We are not what we think we are.. but what we think, we are *

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
For the tubs I build a top from 1x1s and 1x2s with 1/4 " chicken wire. Measure inside dimensions tub and cut 1x1 s to size, staple chicken wire to this frame, cut 1x2 at 45 degree angle with inside dimension matching that of the 1x1, and secure these pieces together. This is a dog and cat proof cover. Use plastic on this cover to adjust humidity. This basic design worked for me for about 20 years.

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
very right. I never get out of my area of florida. Freezing ....whats that? By the way those are two turtletary redfoots. 8'))

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
No, I have 4 of the little pigs and they are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.