Building a Winter Box for Sylvia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Started working on a heated box for my new sulcata so she can spend more time outside this winter. I have a lot more to do but the frame and inner walls are together. After it is complete I believe I can heat it with a 80 watt Stanfield 1x3 ft heat pad, which came today, it measures 48x30x16 inches inside measurements,which will give her enough space to not set on the pad all the time.The pics are of the bottom being insulated, thats as far as I've gotten so far,I will cover what you see with pvc to keep moisture from seeping in off the ground.The bottom is insulated with a layer of 1 1/2 in thick, 8# fiber glass board against the floor and then a layer of 1 1/2 inch thick urethane board towards the ground, then sealed with FSK tape, to help even more to keep moisture out.also a couple pics taken today of our new family member, Sylvia.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I finished the box for Sylvia today, hope to get it setup tomorrow, as it gets colder I will add another barrier at the entrance to help it stay warm inside.The top is removable to access the inside for cleaning. I decided to cover the outside with PVC to help weather proof it a little better. I set it in the yard (Walkers territory) before moving it back to Sylvia's part of the yard and Walker checked it out real good but never tried to go inside. He and Sylvia have not met each other yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.