Building an indoor enclosure... Help??

spartasaur

5 Year Member
I am wanting to build my red foot tortoise an indoor enclosure as she is outgrowing the one she is in right now and I can't find anything suitable for her.

I need to make it in a way that will be easy to put together and take apart as I live on the top floor of an apartment complex with no elevator and the dimensions I will need will have trouble getting through the doors and stairwell if it is assembled.

I have plans for what I'd like the final product to look like but I don't know what to do as far as building materials, sealents(because of the humidity levels) that would be able to maintain humidity controls while not being permanently attached.. If that makes sense? This is ultimately be a temporary enclosure for about a year or so until I can get into a space where I can build her a permanent home.

Any help would be appreciated=)

If anyone needs more clarification I would be happy to explain=)

Thanks in advance.

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
I don't know about easy assembly/disassembly, but this is what worked for me.

I built my enclosure out of wood and lined the inside with pond liner. No sealants, hardly any building materials other than wood, nails, and a heavy duty stapler. Hole was made on the top for the mister, which could potentially be a fogger.

Depending on your tortoises size, you could use a variety of things like a garden bed, or a kiddie pool and seal the humidity in with a shower curtain. There are TONS of ideas on this site, unfortunately the ideas aren't in one place.

Alex Z

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NYC
How old is yours? Have you measured out the space that you can afford it?