Building Spunkys Outdoor Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, Texas
Well, This is a first for me, lol. But I'm hoping so far so good. Okay I started with red bricks for outer walls. The wall is about 18 inches tall, the enclosure is 6 and a half ft long by about 3 foot wide. Will be expanding it length wise to 9 foot long by June. It has 6 inches of organic topsoil and cypress mulch mix with a piece of thin sheetmetal at the bottom to prevent escape. He has a humid hide on one end and another hide on opposite end. Will plant greens and grass and safe weeds, After we lentghen it to 9 foot long and raise sides and add more topsoil and mulch. He can't reach plants sitting around the edges and I plan on adding a hinged wire mesh cover that latches to keep him safe from predators. Let me know if I'm doing right by all means. He's my first. And I'm really trying here. :)

IMG_20130221_143856.jpg

IMG_20130221_143838.jpg

IMG_20130221_144652.jpg

Also I will be removing some of those potted plants. Hopefully we can get it expand before June, So I can get his grass and weeds planted. Also thought about throwing in some mustard and arugula. The enclosure gets sun on half of it all day and shade on the other half.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
That look's great!!
Your tort will be so
happy!!:) :)
Good job!

MasterOogway

5 Year Member
I like it. Even though the large pot takes some space it looks like it creates some shade.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Great job!! It's fun looking at all the new enclosures in the spring.

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
Thanks to you all. Its been a great experience. I hope Spunkys happy with his new enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.