Buying a Tort Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

elainea

5 Year Member
I'm in the market for a tortoise table! My Greek tortoise is about 5" long and she is outgrowing her old enclosure. For a while I was planning on building my own tort table, but in order to buy all the tools required for assembly and wood, saws, etc etc, I'm deciding it may be easier to buy one.

On that note, I have a few questions!
1. What size tort table should I get?
2. Does anyone recommend a place to buy one from?

Thanks everyone!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Elainea:

In my opinion, the tort tables that you buy are not big enough. They might do for a baby tortoise for a few months, but once the tortoise starts to grow, they are too small. Maybe if you bought two and took out an opposing end on each and put them together.

I use Christmas Tree Storage bins manufactured by Iris. You can usually buy them online for around $35. They are about 4' long and I just love them for the tortoises that I have to have indoors for one reason or another.

http://hedgehogcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4503&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=0

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Incase you are not aware :D If you go to home depot you can have them make the cuts for you (you have to have your lengths and widths established already) then you only will need the hardware to assemble your masterpiece.....

elainea

5 Year Member
Oh turning over a book case is a GREAT idea! Thanks, I think I will look into that. :)

alben909

5 Year Member
Yuciapa,CA
Me and my handy grandfather built a great tortoise table. There are many great plans out there that take at the most 2 hours. The plan I built my tortoise table took 1 hour. Christmas tree storage bins are also a great way to house a tortoise. It costs the same as building a table if you have the tools already. The thing is, are you going to sacrafice time for appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.