Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Its that time of year again. Here are a couple shots of my side yard at the street.

2009cactus-1.jpg

2009cactus-2.jpg

2009cactus-3.jpg

2009cactus-4.jpg

I put my hand next to the bloom so you can see how large they are:

2009cactus-5.jpg

Yvonne

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Ok Yvonne I am really jealous of your yard. It is amazing, you have a lot of huge cactus, it looks really nice. In my yard, it is still all wet and muddy.
Hermy would go crazy if he would see those blooms :D
Thanks for sharing.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Those are just beautiful Yvonne. The weather looks very nice where you are.

Rainman69

5 Year Member
Tucson Az
Hey Emy the cactus you have your hand in front of.(couldn't spell it if i wanted to) Mine puts on a awesome show for exactly one day a year. Have you had the same experience or is it just mine.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That one is a form of Echinopsis. Each bloom only lasts a day, however there are buds on the plant for about 2 weeks, so there's always a show of blooms. Today that particular plant is absolutely covered in blooms, but tomorrow I'm afraid the show will be over.

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Yvonne, Your cactus blooms are so beautiful and colorful. Shame they don't bloom all year.

Gulf Coast

5 Year Member
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Oh so pretty.. Such a shame they only bloom for a day... :( How old are these plants? We had a rock garden growing up with some cati in it and ouch ouch ouch if you bumped into one of them while cleaning or mowing.. Said I would never have one in my yard once grown but OH MY they are so pretty!!! Besides I doubt hubby would let me plant any. He is from AZ and does't want anything in the yard or house that resembles AZ.. (not saying that to be mean, just telling the truth of how he feels.) I will show him your pictures maybe he will come around... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.