Can increase in appetite indicate a problem?

lightningrob

Location (City and/or State)
Sunnyvale, CA
My adult male redfoot (about 10-12 years) has been eating a lot lately, more than he ever has in the winter when he spends less time outside exercising. He seems healthy - I haven't observed any worrisome symptoms. I'm just amazed at how quickly he is cleaning his salad plates compared to in the past. I'm wondering if he might be metabolizing his food too quickly or it's not getting absorbed well due to an intestinal issue. His poop seems to be normal, no diarrhea that I can tell. Am I overthinking this?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
My adult male redfoot (about 10-12 years) has been eating a lot lately, more than he ever has in the winter when he spends less time outside exercising. He seems healthy - I haven't observed any worrisome symptoms. I'm just amazed at how quickly he is cleaning his salad plates compared to in the past. I'm wondering if he might be metabolizing his food too quickly or it's not getting absorbed well due to an intestinal issue. His poop seems to be normal, no diarrhea that I can tell. Am I overthinking this?
No.
Just let him eat.
A healthy Redfoot is a big eater, not too choosy about what the food is, either.