Can red foot eat African night crawler?

sintapiviti

Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
I'm having trouble identifying the worms sold by my local seller (they use local names and I don't know what they're called in English or Latin). But some sellers do claim that they sell ANC, which I would think is the African Night Crawler. Is this safe to feed to my RF?
id-11134207-7qul1-lj7rnr10b4vv64

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hello! I think it's safe to feed. However, worms grown as fish bait aren't suitable (due to substances used to accelerate their growth and prolong life), you will need worms raised as animal food.

sintapiviti

New Jersey
Great, one more factor to consider lol. Thanks for the info, though I think there's no way I can be sure these aren't grown as fish bait and thus containing those harmful substances. Actually they describe it as suitable for both fish food AND fishing bait
Any other alternative live food for protein source?

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Great, one more factor to consider lol. Thanks for the info, though I think there's no way I can be sure these aren't grown as fish bait and thus containing those harmful substances. Actually they describe it as suitable for both fish food AND fishing bait
Any other alternative live food for protein source?
If you buy them from "breeder" you can ask him.

You really want to feed live foods: black soldier fly larvae, discoid or dubia roaches (younger, smaller ones), silkworms. Occasionaly superworms, waxworms or mealworms. But you don't really have to feed live prey (leave this "enrichment" for the outdoor enclosure).