Can someone recommend a good radiant heat panel for tortoise box?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
For my sulcata, once she is big enough, I'll just buy her a 10×10 shed and heat that through the winter but we'll cross that bridge when we get there lol
That is not nearly enough room for a large sulcata to be cooped up in for months at a time over a frozen winter. This is the problem keeping giant tropical reptiles in the frozen north. A heated and insulted 10x10 shed is plenty of room to make a great enclosure for Testudo species, but its just too small for a sulcata and it will lead to problems eventually. That bridge is coming sooner than you think.

Nellie Rose

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
That is not nearly enough room for a large sulcata to be cooped up in for months at a time over a frozen winter. This is the problem keeping giant tropical reptiles in the frozen north. A heated and insulted 10x10 shed is plenty of room to make a great enclosure for Testudo species, but its just too small for a sulcata and it will lead to problems eventually. That bridge is coming sooner than you think.
I don't mean for when she becomes giant, then she'll move into my heated garage after I clean it out (100×50). The 10×10 will be for when she is big enough to move outside full time as a medium tortoise and only for around 2-3 months in the winter, until she gets too big.
I am still talking to people who keep tortoises here locally for their advice, and doing my own research. I'm sure I will have many threads on it in the near future. You helped me a lot when I first got her back in November you might remember.