Can you help me guess age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferretinmyshoes

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
Ella is a cute little redfoot that was brought into the vet (a friend of mine) on death's door after not eating for 2 months with chronic respiratory issues. They wanted to euthanize her since she needed so much intensive care. I don't have any information on husbandry but I can assume it was sub-optimal. Although her shell shape is beautiful! After a feeding tube was placed and several courses of antibiotics she was back to being a normal tort with a great appetite and no problems! At this point my friend decided she needed a permanent home and I jumped on it! I have always loved redfoots and the last redfoot I had so the most severe case of MBD in a redfoot that her shell was too deformed and collapsed to support her growth. I had so sad when I lost her. Back to Ella...here is a picture of her now (still struggling with some relapsed residual pneumonia we're working on). I know it is impossible to determine age based on size alone, especially since she might be a little stunted from poor care. But can I get just a rough estimate to go on? She was about 700g when she was feeling her best. Thanks!

Ferretinmyshoes

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
Forgot the picture! Just an approximate age would be great. :)

b8b86582500a1a0618be78c03089219e.jpg

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
He/she is around 4-6 years old . Looks to be approx 6" SCL.....

JD~:)

mightymizz

5 Year Member
I would also estimate to be around 5-6, maybe even 7 if he is 7inches SCL and was slowed in growth due to health issues.

My 6inch SCL redfoot weighs just over 700g and will be 5 in March of 2013. From what I would gather, my redfoot isn't a super fast grower but neither is he a runt.

Just my opinion.

Did you happen to get a SCL measurement?

Status
Not open for further replies.