Can't wait to see if it works

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
The ramps might be a bit steep. Try covering them with artificial carpet or something like that.

Martin Martinussen

Its rough wood.. so will see tomorrow. If it doesn't work I'll paint the ramps again and put sand in the wet paint.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I love it. However, if you find them spending most of their time in the table thrn the green house, I would either cover the table to keep humidity in or not use it at all.

Martin Martinussen

I will just learn them to get the food over in the open one..
Just feed normal greens in the greenhouse.. and dalendion in the open.. and they will come..

Even if they sleep and I put in a dalendion they will wake up and come at way it..
Use them for vitamines and calcium supplements.
Just make the leaf wet and alittle supplements on.. and they eat it like crazy and no waste..

Ramsey

5 Year Member
San Diego California
I built a second story for one of my enclosures and my tortoises absolutely love it. The ramp I created was very similar in height and angle.

It is a bit steep and although they had no issues going up, it was coming down that was problematic. They would actually slide down the slick wood. No paint will solve that problem.

What I did was get this reptile carpet (most any will do) and glued it down. Works like a charm.

https://m.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/zilla-brown-reptile-terrarium-liner#

Martin Martinussen

And the winner is Body..
Knew dalendion leaves would do the trick.

So just need Mind to keep up..

Attachments

• 20170709_140146.jpg
    20170709_140146.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 14