Casanova

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheviper1

5 Year Member
Thanks!! Some guy had three in a dish of foul water at Repticon Ft Lauderdale. I felt sorry for them...thus I now have a snapping turtle. Setting up his tank was fun with rocks, plants and a cave. He ate a hunk of perch today! He's growing on me! I named him after a special friend!!

image-2162398524.png

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Nice save.....hopefully the other two found a nice home as well....:D

Your cute little turtle is going to be growing on you ....rapidly .....lol....they get big and their attitude grows equally fast....they are fricken awesome ambushers as well....ok can you tell they are one of my favs....lol....keep the pictures coming, please :D

Sheviper1

5 Year Member
I hope the other two got good homes too! I know what these cute little guys grow into which is why I only took one home! I'll accommodate his needs as he grows. Until then, he's in a tank in the master bedroom where I can enjoy him. And I agree, he does have a cute tail!!

Sheviper1

5 Year Member
Well...I am aware of the large growth and will accommodate with a large commercial pond in the backyard when the time comes. I would hope that anyone who buys or adopts one would consider that ahead of time (wishful thinking). If they can't accommodate the large size then they will need to rehome it, and that isn't always easy.

image-2808390858.png

I don't really know how fast their growth can be but it is my understanding that it's pretty quickly...especially if the husbandry is good.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Love that little guy! I don't know why, but they are very comical to me. There are two big swamps around here and they birds pick up the babies and drop them all over the neighborhood. Sometimes we find them and put them back in the ponds. We found one with a crushed little foot, and kept him until the following Summer to make sure he was OK and then released him. They are "common snappers" here, but they still remind me of little dinosaurs.

Sheviper1

5 Year Member
I know what you mean about the little dinosaurs. I have really become enchanted with this little guy. He is so cute to watch and what a skilled little hunter. He likes meat and such but he LOVES hunting little floating crawlie things!!

Status
Not open for further replies.