cat afraid of tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Our neighbour's cat just doesn't know what to make of Joe. The 'rock thingy' gets stalked suspiciously when he's in the garden.

We were rolling with laughter when Joe woke up from sun-bathing to see a cat's face very close to his. Joe started to move and the cat did a vertical leap about 3 feet in the air before running off. Our neighbour sees these encounters from her window and thinks they're funny too.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Are cats are the same, they just don't know what to make of them. They tend to stare from a distance...

i love chelonians

5 Year Member
MO
my cat Gill stares at my boxies, but since she doesn't know what's coming......i can't wait to see her reaction to the sulcatas

bakexlove

5 Year Member
Lol, mine do too. My one cat leaped like she was running to save her life. Then she will just stare at him like what is that weird moving shell thing. Herman just acts like nothings wrong he's not even afraid of the cats.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Mine are not afraid per se, they do get startled though when they make sudden movements.

TortoiseMan

5 Year Member
Nottingham, UK
When I first got my tortoise, we would let it wonder in our living room. So it would be stomping around all happy and all...then my cat would come in an start stalking him! All my tortoise was march up to my cat (her) and she just ran off with tail between her legs and turning around occasionally to see a tortoise chasing after her! Twas soo funny...poor kittie :3[/align]

Status
Not open for further replies.