Cat grass and hamster ball [emoji23][emoji23]

Location (City and/or State)
Peru IN
Yeah cause I was told even with mine being palm size that my 25 gallon was too small bc he couldn't get away from the heat lamps enough to cool zones and also couldn't get enough exercise to really run. So when you are able definitely grab him something bigger and it's hilarious to watch em do laps HAHAHA
Someone is smashing on his kale! Buahaha [emoji23][emoji23]20180825_171644.jpeg20180825_171640.jpeg20180825_171620.jpeg

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
People let there sulcata have free roam of there homes so I don't understand why it's not ok for him to adventure the house?
And he is tiny but I have him in a 75 gallon tank for now with designs around the bottom so he doesn't run into the glass lol. And cypress mulch, with rocks in a couple areas to sun on (but low so he won't capsize haha) and a half log to hide under as well as his water dish which is fairly wide so he can crawl in it as well as drink, and a low food dish. Then we have a day light heat lamp that is 100 watt UVB and his night heat only lamp. View attachment 249402

This is one reason for not letting a tort run freely a round the house ! IMG_2512.jpg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings....if i remember correctly the image that you see above is an XRay of a poor tort that was free roaming about a person’s home and swallowed a pendant (of a tortoise) that caused issues. One reason to not let torts free range walkabout one’s house.

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
For nighttime, the best heat lamp is a CHE, ceramic heat emitter. It’s not really a lamp/light bulb. We get ours from amazon. It produces no light and lasts for years. Also, you need to affatch it to a thermostat so it only comes on when the temp drops to 80. You don’t want the temp to get below 80.

Peru IN
Oops forgot picture. Seems like I don't know how to do that yet!
It's ok. When you reply there should be a camera emblem, then a gallery emblem then a smiley face emblem. Choose camera or gallery and upload one with a comment to the thread [emoji4]