CDT in Washington? (Vancouver)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
I saw that. I thought about emailing for pics, can't imagine it is a CDT unless they brought it across state lines illegally?
I am almost afraid to ask...

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
lynnedit said:
I saw that. I thought about emailing for pics, can't imagine it is a CDT unless they brought it across state lines illegally?
I am almost afraid to ask...

Ditto... How would the laws even work on that, if you acquired an illegally transported (so to speak) tortoise? Does Washington even have laws on DTs? I don't imagine so--but I've never read WA reptile laws beyond what applies to snakes, anyway.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
There are probably lots of desert tortoises crossing state lines, as for the law since it is a federally protected species I would imagine they wold send it back to califoria to be placed up for adoption.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Okay, so the laws on CDTs are federal, not just state? Good to know... And good point, there probably are--just not often you see them being sold outside of Cali, lol.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
And everyone should bear in mind that even though it is labelled as "re-home fee" it is still "selling." It is just as illegal to buy as it is to sell desert tortoises (or any of the Gopherus species.

Status
Not open for further replies.