Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
IMG_1767.jpg

IMG_1764.jpg

They are both California Desert Tortoises.. but have different color patterns. The bigger one is a sandy color with green eyes and other one is much darker with a Leopard Tortoise type pattern.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Oh they are so cute Walter. Anymore pictures with maybe something else next to them so we could get an idea of how big they are?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Walter:

The colored one's eyes look a little stressed. I think you should start adding a few drops of liquid bird vitamins to the water and soak like that every day.

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California
WOW! Good Eye Yvonne. I just got this guy or girl from the Foothill Chapter on tuesday night. And yes, he or she seems a bit stressed; very active, but not eating a whole lot. It was at the Burbank Animal Shelter and was handed over to Linda (Adoption Coordinator from the Chapter). At first glance, I though it was wild caught tortoise, due to its very smooth shell. I gave him Spring Mix, Dandellions, Cactus Pads, Rose Pedals and let him graze. But all he wants to do is pace back and forth in his outdoor enclosure.

Hi Walter:

The colored one's eyes look a little stressed. I think you should start adding a few drops of liquid bird vitamins to the water and soak like that every day.
[/quote]

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Walter I thought that these were the ones that you got from Yvonne. Now I'm confused! :(

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California
The darker one and a smaller one not in the picture are from Yvonne. The big sandy color one is from the Foothill Chapter (He is Beautiful). He looks like a minature adult.

Walter I thought that these were the ones that you got from Yvonne. Now I'm confused! :(
[/quote]

armandoarturo

5 Year Member
Mexico
beautiful tortoises...
I have a young DT with the same coloration...
The mother has a beautiful light brown color.... maybe thats why =)

Status
Not open for further replies.