Chalupa wants IN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valerie B.

5 Year Member
My husband works from home, and his work desk is opposite a large sliding glass window (with screen) to the backyard. He likes to take breaks and watch Chalupa walking around. However, she's suddenly discovered the entryway to the house and seems to want to come in. He said he let her in the first time for a little bit, but hasn't since. Now, she seems to really want to come in every day. My husband said that she tried for almost three hours one day, and just couldn't get through the screen.

Do you think this is just cause she misses my husband (I know I do every day!), or could it be she's looking for a cooler spot to hang out? It hasn't been very hot (high 70s) and she has many choices of shady spots to hang out in.

Thoughts?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
In my experience tortoises tend to have one track minds, whether it is mating season and all they think of is mating, or if they find a new spot they either like or are just curious about, in my opinion it will take awhile for chalupa to forget about the new spot he found,I don't think chalupa necessarily wants a cooler spot, I think it is just a new spot for him.

Valerie B.

5 Year Member
I see what my husband is talking about now... she really wants to come through the screen! She has been at it for about 20 minutes now. I bent down to see what she could see by peeking in, and I think that she can see under the couch to the front door on the other side of the house. Since we like to leave that door open for a nice breeze through the house, maybe she thinks there is a new world out there to explore.

Status
Not open for further replies.