Changed a few things around

Status
Not open for further replies.

kira

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bay Area, California
I was finally able to get coconut fiber & added that into Shelly's enclosure. She absolutely LOVES it. She's been burrowing & digging & skipped sleeping in her leaves/log to dig a hole & sleep in the open last night! In a few of the pictures you can see where she was sleeping. She was just waking up & coming out when I took these.

(At least I think it means she likes it, can someone tell me if that's good or not?)

But I changed a few things about her enclosure. I buried the water bowl a little deeper for easier access, moved her food bowl from the second story to the first because the heat was drying her food, and moved the second story to the front of the enclosure, giving her more walking room & more places to dig. She's definitely been enjoying this new setup!

Attachments

• enclosure1.jpg
    enclosure1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 62
  • enclosure2.jpg
    enclosure2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
  • enclosure3.jpg
    enclosure3.jpg
    884.2 KB · Views: 52
  • enclosure4.jpg
    enclosure4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 39

rhondak

10 Year Member!
Ohio
kira said:
I was finally able to get coconut fiber & added that into Shelly's enclosure. She absolutely LOVES it. She's been burrowing & digging & skipped sleeping in her leaves/log to dig a hole & sleep in the open last night! In a few of the pictures you can see where she was sleeping. She was just waking up & coming out when I took these.

(At least I think it means she likes it, can someone tell me if that's good or not?)

But I changed a few things about her enclosure. I buried the water bowl a little deeper for easier access, moved her food bowl from the second story to the first because the heat was drying her food, and moved the second story to the front of the enclosure, giving her more walking room & more places to dig. She's definitely been enjoying this new setup!

Looks good. Did you make the ramp and second level floor with the white fencing? If so what did you paint the fencing with? I would like to make something like that for my Boris's cage. Thanks for sharing.

kira

5 Year Member
Bay Area, California
rhondak said:
kira said:

Looks good. Did you make the ramp and second level floor with the white fencing? If so what did you paint the fencing with? I would like to make something like that for my Boris's cage. Thanks for sharing.

I actually bought it all from Michael's! The fences came white. Here is a video I copied the idea from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gH5PT5HPsQ

Hope I helped! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.