Cheddar's posts :) (pic heavy!)

spud's_mum

Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
Hey guys, most of you have already heard about cheddar but here is his thread.

Cheddar is a Mongolian gerbil and is 2.5 years old.

When he's not making a mess or eating he's climbing all over me.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1447505447.608601.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1447505455.905196.jpg
I have to be quick as he jumps out of the cage to see me so I have to catch him (sorry about the blurry pic)
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1447505491.929302.jpg
This is where he sleeps :)
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1447505514.845296.jpg
And he loves to chill out and eat in his sand bath :D
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1447505544.844701.jpg
Here is his home:
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1447505561.930773.jpg
He has plenty of wood shavings to burrow in and at the bottom there is Timothy hay. There are also tunnels buried in the substrate.

Just some more cute pics :)
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1447505632.734784.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1447505640.969903.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1447505650.719888.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1447505663.670784.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1447505682.839226.jpg

waretrop

5 Year Member
NE Pa. Zone 5
Very cute. These little guys are so smart. I have even seen them read notes and do simple commands like spin, jump, lay. I had a mouse that walked along with me as if he were on a leash. I love little rodents.

waretrop

5 Year Member
NE Pa. Zone 5
Yea keepergale....bet your snakes would "spin, jump, and lay" to get a treat, like poor little Cheddar...

AnimalLady

CHEDDAR! My man! I love the last pic, black and white. Lovely little guy :)

I had 2 hamsters once... then, i got home from school one day to find one hamster eating the other hamsters eye, it . was . horrible.
he actually survived though, and got the nick name "See YA" LMAO ok ok sick humor... anywho, i loved those little boogers :)

spud's_mum

United Kingdom

I had 2 hamsters once... then, i got home from school one day to find one hamster eating the other hamsters eye, it . was . horrible.
he actually survived though, and got the nick name "See YA" LMAO ok ok sick humor... anywho, i loved those little boogers :)
I had a similar experience to this!
I had 2 Russian dwarf hamsters (aero and nibbles) and the woman at the pet shop told me they like having company.
After a year, they started to fight.
One night it was so bad that I got my mum and they were attacking each other. They in the shape of a ball and it was really hard to split them up.

Aero had scratched all down his neck and a deep cut on his face, he was bleeding a bit but he lived!

Moral of the story, don't trust pet shops! :p

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan

Hi. Sorry about that.:( Are hamsters easy/hard to deal with?:rolleyes:

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
Hi. Sorry about that.:( Are hamsters easy/hard to deal with?:rolleyes:
I think hamsters are a bit harder to deal with. They are less cooperative and also are nocturnal. They also get nippy too. I've loved all the ones I've had though. I think gerbils are easier (apart from the fact that they destroy everything and kick substrate everywhere) :p

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I think hamsters are a bit harder to deal with. They are less cooperative and also are nocturnal. They also get nippy too. I've loved all the ones I've had though. I think gerbils are easier (apart from the fact that they destroy everything and kick substrate everywhere) :p
Wow....that hard to deal with?:rolleyes: I was thinking of one: I saw them at a shop nearby. But I don't want to get one; then begin to struggle with him. Know what I mean?;)

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
Wow....that hard to deal with?:rolleyes: I was thinking of one: I saw them at a shop nearby. But I don't want to get one; then begin to struggle with him. Know what I mean?;)
They are amazing pets.
Most are naturally tame too.
Believe it or not, cheddar has always been this take from the day I bought him home.
As long as you have a deep cage full of substrate and some cardboard tubes their happy :D

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
Oh and I forgot to say that they like company.
And I've never had a gerbil bite me.
(Touch wood :p)
Even my old shy one cheese never bit me. Only had the odd light nibble.

And if your looking for a pet that loves your company, gerbils are great. Cheddar is always at the door the minute that I walk in the cage wanting to come out :D