Cherry Head Eggs

Phreeflow

Location (City and/or State)
CA
Quick question, I have been incubating some Cherry Head eggs at 80% humidity and 85 degrees in vermiculite for a little over a month. Temps are stable as I have a separate temp controller and various thermometers.

I candled them but there is no sign of life…no veins at all. They are solid white and fully chalked. All I see when candled is a yellow glow in all but one egg which has a reddish/pinkish hue.

Should I be seeing any veining by now or does this sound normal? Thx

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Quick question, I have been incubating some Cherry Head eggs at 80% humidity and 85 degrees in vermiculite for a little over a month. Temps are stable as I have a separate temp controller and various thermometers.

I candled them but there is no sign of life…no veins at all. They are solid white and fully chalked. All I see when candled is a yellow glow in all but one egg which has a reddish/pinkish hue.

Should I be seeing any veining by now or does this sound normal? Thx
We do't always see veining. Usually the orange-ish color means fertile, but not always.

In any case, just keep incubating.

Phreeflow

CA
We do't always see veining. Usually the orange-ish color means fertile, but not always.

In any case, just keep incubating.
Thank you for the advice. I hope to be able to get some of your Burmese Stars in the future

Reactions: Tom

Phreeflow

CA
Just candled again today. Here’s a side by side pic of a yellow one vs the orangey one (it’s the only one in this clutch that looks like this..others are yellow).

E630544E-B651-4AEA-9D02-F88643D43779.jpeg