Chirping noise

Mazcad

Location (City and/or State)
Portsmouth
Can anyone help. 20 math Herman last few days making lots of squeaking noise. Took to vet yesterday but she couldn’t find anything wrong , he’s eating no runny nose. The sounds ars getting louder today. Does it when picked up and when moving some times

Mazcad

Portsmouth
Can’t work out how to send vide
On posting videos, you need to first upload your video to YouTube then copy that YT URL into your posting here.
Thanks I’ll try. Did you see my post above the video thread. Try to get some information about squeaking tortoise

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Can’t work out how to send vide

Thanks I’ll try. Did you see my post above the video thread. Try to get some information about squeaking tortoise
The noise can be an indicator of an oncoming respiratory infection. Most vets don't know much about tortoises or their care.

The cure for this is to bump up the heat all around. What are your four temperatures? Warm side, cool side, basking area, and overnight low? What heating and lighting equipment are you using?

Here is the current and correct care info for your species. This will tell you what, if anything, needs fixing: https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/the-best-way-to-raise-any-temperate-species-of-tortoise.183131/

Show us some pics of your tortoise and enclosure, and we will usually have helpful suggestions.

Mazcad

Portsmouth
On posting videos, you need to first upload your video to YouTube then copy that YT URL into your posting here.
The noise can be an indicator of an oncoming respiratory infection. Most vets don't know much about tortoises or their care.

The cure for this is to bump up the heat all around. What are your four temperatures? Warm side, cool side, basking area, and overnight low? What heating and lighting equipment are you using?

Here is the current and correct care info for your species. This will tell you what, if anything, needs fixing: https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/the-best-way-to-raise-any-temperate-species-of-tortoise.183131/

Show us some pics of your tortoise and enclosure, and we will usually have helpful suggestions.
Thanks for all that info, I’ll definitely be making a few changes after reading. I can’t upload photos, have to wait for my granddaughter to help.