Chowing down & Safe weeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColorfulTortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New England
I put Shorty in his outdoor enclosure and went inside for a minute. When I looked through the window of the house I saw him chowing down on his favorite food, Kale. I had to snap this photo- Classic Shorty expression!
I was also wondering what weeds are safe to feed my russian. He loves dandelion greens.
Thanks! :tort:

Attachments

• photo shorty.jpg
    photo shorty.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 51

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
It totally cracks me up to see little tortoises eating. It's so darn cute, and I don't know why!

ColorfulTortoise

5 Year Member
New England
RE: Chowing down & Safe weeds

Tortoises are the cutest reptiles by far! Seems like Shorty is always hungary ;)

tort man20

5 Year Member
RE: Chowing down & Safe weeds

Yeah mine never stops eating

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That's a great pic. I think shorty needs a shallower bowl. :)

Look in the plant ID section here on the forum. There is a running thread with a whole bunch of common weeds already IDd. See if any of those look familiar to you.

You can also grow your own in flats, pots or in the ground. You've probably still got enough time before winter sets in to get some going in the ground. I got a Testudo seed mix from Tyler here:
http://www.tortoisesupply.com/SeedMixes

I'm not the best grower and the conditions are harsh here in the summer, but this stuff thrived and exploded for me. And my tortoises all loved it too. :D

ColorfulTortoise

5 Year Member
New England
Tom said:
That's a great pic. I think shorty needs a shallower bowl. :)

Look in the plant ID section here on the forum. There is a running thread with a whole bunch of common weeds already IDd. See if any of those look familiar to you.

You can also grow your own in flats, pots or in the ground. You've probably still got enough time before winter sets in to get some going in the ground. I got a Testudo seed mix from Tyler here:
http://www.tortoisesupply.com/SeedMixes

I'm not the best grower and the conditions are harsh here in the summer, but this stuff thrived and exploded for me. And my tortoises all loved it too. :D

Thanks a lot! I'm going to check out that section of the forum.
I will try to plant my own weeds and get Shorty a shallower water dish.

Status
Not open for further replies.