Clamp Lamp question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjr153

5 Year Member
I feel like I've asked this question a lot but I still don't have an answer that I'm satisfied with. Forgive me if I have asked this before.
I have two Flukers Clamp Lamps, the last part of my closed chamber is the lighting. I will complete it this weekend. I want to hang the lamps from the top of the chamber. See the holes near the ceramic part of the lamp? Can I thread a small thin chain through that and hang it from a hook? Thanks!!!!

Attachments

• lamp.jpg
    lamp.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 30

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I hang mine by the cord. Been doing it this way since the early 90's. Hasn't been a problem yet.

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
Tom said:
I hang mine by the cord. Been doing it this way since the early 90's. Hasn't been a problem yet.

What about CHE's ? Got a photo of a groovy secured one...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I also hang mine by the cord, however, a member who is an electrician told me in no uncertain terms that this isn't a good idea.

The holes in the "bell" are for heat to escape from. I THINK, that as long as you don't block the holes it would be ok to use them for your chain.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
It could work depending on how you did it. 'S' hooks are another option; hook them in the holes and attach to chain.

If it were me, I would make a hanger like the one some lights come with (example). I'd use 12ga steel wire (ceiling wire).

Hanging from the cord is not a good idea.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes you can hang from holes, but like Yvonne said, don't block them. I also hang mine from the cord, I too have been for years, with lizards. I also know its not the thing an electrician would approve of, but if there is know kinking or bending, it really is safe.
As for CHE, I use the same dome as in the picture for my CHE and hang the same way, with cord.

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
maybe hang it by some kind of hook attached to the light. Just an idea.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Mine all came from Home Depot an it comes with the wires and hooks to Hang it or clamp it. 10 bucks and its ceramic fixtures not bad

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Re: RE: Clamp Lamp question

Millerlite said:
Mine all came from Home Depot an it comes with the wires and hooks to Hang it or clamp it. 10 bucks and its ceramic fixtures not bad

I use the same :)

Heather
sent while on my purple android TFOapp

Status
Not open for further replies.