Cleaning Enclosure Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MildredsMommy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, Texas
So I have decided to house my year old RF Jerry Lee in a 54 gallon rubbermaid tub inside as we don't have an outdoor enclosure for him as of yet, and he is about ready to be sprung from his hospital tank. My question is: moving him leaves me a large guinea pig cage. What I am wanting to do is connect that one to the current one my Boxie Mildred is in to make one huge enclosure for her indoors. (She has a playpen area outside but stays inside at night due to her size). Because Jerry Lee DID have residence in this cage the first week I had him and he had an URI, if I dump out all the substrate, bleach the entire cage and replace all the substrate that was in it and use different plants, will it be safe for Mildred? If not, I guess I will just sell it or put it away but I would like to utilize it just not at the expense of her safety. Thanks in advance for your help!!

~Roxanne

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I personally would feel ok using it after a thorough cleaning, bleaching and then letting it dry out in the sun for a while. Give it some days. Then another cleaning and new substrate.

MildredsMommy

5 Year Member
San Antonio, Texas
Team Gomberg said:
I personally would feel ok using it after a thorough cleaning, bleaching and then letting it dry out in the sun for a while. Give it some days. Then another cleaning and new substrate.

Cool-thank you! I just hate to waste a nice big enclosure :D

Status
Not open for further replies.