Climbing Russian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonbeam

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bacliff, Galveston County, Texas
Corky stayed in this cage for only 2 days. My step-son heard a thud, then a little while later he figured out what is was, and grabbed his camera.

video

I stopped on the way home from work that day and got him something a little bit more suitable.

Enjoy!

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
Interesting! I'll bet once he climbs up, that the only way down is the fall!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I've said it before and I will say it agian, russians love to climb. my enclosures all have corner edges to keep them for escaping but I do find them every so often climbing.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Ohhhh my goodness !!! I found tallula like that when I first bought her, and she was in a rabbit cage like that one....quickly got rid of it cos they can get hurt badly falling so high ! So funny how Corky just clung on for dear life thinking "oops, how the heck am I gonna get down mama?!"

Madortoise

5 Year Member
A determined little guy....
Actually, I have a similar cage for Penelope to go stay at grandma's but I cover the bottom half w/cardboards for more privacy. I never thought she would climb them, though....glad I saw this.

Moonbeam

5 Year Member
Thanks for all the comments. We are pretty sure he only fell the one time, about 6 inches at that. He can't hurt himself in his new home, nor will he be able to in the next homes (one indoor and one outdoor) that we make for him.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Rabbit pellets are a horrible choice for substrate....there is no traction and it will eventually harm his leg muscles, not to mention that it is extremely dry and will mold if wet, and has wayyy to much protein if ingested.

Please, switch him off of it. Try Aspen. Its safe, light, and cheap.

Moonbeam

5 Year Member
Thank you! I switched that the second day also. He's now on the Bed-a-Beast coir stuff mixed with sand.

I read alot of contradicting information before I purchased him, but now I believe I am headed in the right direction.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.