Climbing tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimlico

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
London, UK
Hi folks, I would love some advice about how to discourage my leopard from trying to climb the wooden walls of his table and tip himself over. Luckily both times he has done it we have been at home and have been able to help him upright. He is used to walking around daily but am worried he is getting more adventurous

MrJorgensen

5 Year Member
Indiana
Pimlico said:
Hi folks, I would love some advice about how to discourage my leopard from trying to climb the wooden walls of his table and tip himself over. Luckily both times he has done it we have been at home and have been able to help him upright. He is used to walking around daily but am worried he is getting more adventurous

With my sully I added another 4 inches to the top of his tort table. He stopped trying to climb once he realized he couldn't see beyond the walls. I'd suggest anything that limits his vision from beyond your enclosure. If he can see out, he'll want out.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Block the corner for sure. They can use corners to try to climb. Also adding some other interesting things to explore may help the needfor adventure. I find that breaking up the long stretches of space with rocksor plants or burrowing opportunities really helps my adventure crazy Russians. Perhaps it would akso help your Leo.

Pimlico

5 Year Member
London, UK
Thanks, I will try those suggestions. He is certainly getting more inquisitive all the time and more friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.