Climbing

rachelraines

Location (City and/or State)
ALABAMA
I’ve noticed my baby Burmese LOVES to climb - he’s always trying to climb up his hide but it scares me! What are some tortoise friendly climbing things I can put in his enclosure? I have looked on Amazon but every product has another review as to why I shouldn’t get it -! If you have any ideas I’d love to hear them! DIY or something I can purchase

DoubleD1996!

Location (City and/or State)
Memphis
I’ve noticed my baby Burmese LOVES to climb - he’s always trying to climb up his hide but it scares me! What are some tortoise friendly climbing things I can put in his enclosure? I have looked on Amazon but every product has another review as to why I shouldn’t get it -! If you have any ideas I’d love to hear them! DIY or something I can purchase
Tortoises don't live on flat surfaces in the wild. I like to add different elevations for development of strong legs.

You can take something simple as a rock or log and burry it under the substrate. Just be sure not to go too crazy as they could fall over. So I wouldn't do it near a heat lamp where they could potentially flip and cook. Hopefully this helps.