Climbing

rachelraines

Location (City and/or State)
ALABAMA
I’ve noticed my baby Burmese LOVES to climb - he’s always trying to climb up his hide but it scares me! What are some tortoise friendly climbing things I can put in his enclosure? I have looked on Amazon but every product has another review as to why I shouldn’t get it -! If you have any ideas I’d love to hear them! DIY or something I can purchase

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
I’ve noticed my baby Burmese LOVES to climb - he’s always trying to climb up his hide but it scares me! What are some tortoise friendly climbing things I can put in his enclosure? I have looked on Amazon but every product has another review as to why I shouldn’t get it -! If you have any ideas I’d love to hear them! DIY or something I can purchase
Tortoises don't live on flat surfaces in the wild. I like to add different elevations for development of strong legs.

You can take something simple as a rock or log and burry it under the substrate. Just be sure not to go too crazy as they could fall over. So I wouldn't do it near a heat lamp where they could potentially flip and cook. Hopefully this helps.

Tinyhigg

UK
My tortoise has logs (the zoo med habba hut), caves and humid hides. He climbs them all. Let him fall and flip when you are around, so you can intervene if needed (do not flip him yourself tho!), but let him get up by himself. They learn from it. Mine barely ever flips and he's got really good at getting back.

We also made different elevations with the substrate.