COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Evening all, sorry I missed the movie I had unexpected visitors. My nephew and his wife from London so they stayed overnight. Nit seen them since their wedding so lovely to catch up.
I found the movie on youtube and had planned to join you in spite of the poor sound and my inability to sit through a whole movie in one go.
What's that Adam up to now with all this talk of missing his birthday?
(shouting) ADAM COME BACK HERE THIS INSTANT OR YOU'LL HAVE TO SIT ON THE NAUGHTY STEP!!!!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Really? You don't sit through movies,Lyn? I'm glad you caught up with your nephew. That is more important.

I could be way off, but the biggest thing I heard in Adam's post was a feeling of rejection. :(
I'm too fidgety to sit still long enough to watch anything straight through. I rarely go to the cinema although I do manage to concentrate there, but at home there's always something I find to do or the phone rings etc.

I hope Adam is OK, I don't think he's been rejected by anyone in the CDR has he?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Nice of you to say:)

I don't actually hide. BUT-I will admit that every once in a while I poke in without saying anything just because I know I don't have time to interact.
I do when I'm really busy too to try to keep up. Sometimes life gets in the way and eats up our time doesn't it? But doesn't mean we forget our friends here.

Prairie Mom

I'm too fidgety to sit still long enough to watch anything straight through. I rarely go to the cinema although I do manage to concentrate there, but at home there's always something I find to do or the phone rings etc.

I hope Adam is OK, I don't think he's been rejected by anyone in the CDR has he?
I struggle with interruptions and too much to do as well, but I do love to watch movies. I have my whole life.

As far as Adam...I really wouldn't know and my concern could be totally and completely way off, but that is the overall feeling I had when reading his post. I could be off, but to me...it sounded like someone who is feeling sad and rejected. I'm happy to be wrong though!

(hmmm...I'm basically gossiping pretty openly, aren't I? Everyone: I know nothing! Don't listen to me!)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I should pop in the other chats more as well. There are some people that I really enjoy on this forum.
I have been really busy since being back in school with updating a lot of things, so when I do log on, only really pop in here. I can spend hours on the forum reading other threads, so have to ration my time in here.

Prairie Mom

I have been really busy since being back in school with updating a lot of things, so when I do log on, only really pop in here. I can spend hours on the forum reading other threads, so have to ration my time in here.
I totally understand. I'm taking only one online class right now and am struggling to keep up with my reading.

Are you taking a full time course load AND working?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I struggle with interruptions and too much to do as well, but I do love to watch movies. I have my whole life.

As far as Adam...I really wouldn't know and my concern could be totally and completely way off, but that is the overall feeling I had when reading his post. I could be off, but to me...it sounded like someone who is feeling sad and rejected. I'm happy to be wrong though!

(hmmm...I'm basically gossiping pretty openly, aren't I? Everyone: I know nothing! Don't listen to me!)
Hope you are, I don't like the thought that we've inadvertently made you sad @Tidgy's Dad :(

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I totally understand. I'm taking only one online class right now and am struggling to keep up with my reading.

Are you taking a full time course load AND working?
No - wouldn't have the energy!
It's just schemes of work and resources for new courses in school that have to be produced.