COLD DARK ROOM

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Good morning all. Back home to chilly greyness (and thick fog last night). We are off to watch rugby this afternoon.

In the meantime here are postcards from yesterday - Royal Palace in Palma ... the Spanish King’s official residence there ... which is right next to the cathedral.
View attachment 221994
View attachment 221995
View attachment 221996
View attachment 221997

And the King has the healthiest spider plants I have ever seen! :D
View attachment 221998
...and WOW, AGAIN!!!!! :D:D:D

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I always find chilly greatness depressing! Today started with very heavy cold rain but now it is sunny with blue bright blue sky. Lovely
It started wet here. Got dryer. Then wet again. Dry bit at the moment

Yes it's getting colder here too but not quite as cold as you. Have decided it's time for Nelly to hibernate, she has been totally inactive the last few weeks so time to sleep the cold months away I think!

I was thinking about hibernation at the start of this week. Joe would probably have been hibernated on Tuesday. It has made me rather melancholy; I’m glad I had a travel distraction this week

JSWallace

It started wet here. Got dryer. Then wet again. Dry bit at the moment

I was thinking about hibernation at the start of this week. Joe would probably have been hibernated on Tuesday. It has made me rather melancholy; I’m glad I had a travel distraction this week
Yes I can imagine how you feel Linda. When you have had a tortoise for many years they become associated with the changing of the seasons I think. I always thought Spring had started when Salty woke up!

Bee62

Germany
Do they not go through a period of trying to hibernate?
Good afternoon, Sabine. :)

No. Not yet. They are active and well eating every day. No sign of being slow and trying to hibernate. I think they are too young to know.
I got them from a pet shop and the last winter they can`t hibernate too in this petshop. I got them in spring this year.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
No. Not yet. They are active and well eating every day. No sign of being slow and trying to hibernate. I think they are too young to know.
I got them from a pet shop and the last winter they can`t hibernate too in this petshop. I got them in spring this year.
Plans for the evening?
Or just chilling out, like me.

Bee62

Germany

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
No really plans for the evening. I think I will view Despicable Me 3 this evening.
I am a little bit tired. Worked outdoors today, but after supper I will be again online. I do multitasking: watching a movie and being in the CDR.:D
I am ding more taxonomy, so will be popping in and out when my head hurts.
Have a nice evening. :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I can't remember if I posted this one, so here we are ;
The trilobite Ampyx priscus, from the Ordovician here in Morocco.
About 475 million years old.
Ampyx.jpg
Ampyx1.jpg
The spines have been considerably restored, but it's still a lovely specimen.

Bee62

Germany