COLD DARK ROOM

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Your tanks are beautiful!!

I just put in the red sword and I think our ghost shrimp is eating it!! Little stinker!! Unless it’s the snail?
Thank you. They are a lot of work, but it keeps me out of trouble.

I would think it's the snail eating your sword. Ghosties, I don't think, could bite it.

Did you see my mystery snails? One is bottom right, tilted sideways against the reddish rock in the 20 g tank. They are almost the size of ping pong balls. I had their parents, and hatched and raised the eggs. I had 200 baby snails! I kept them til they were about 1/2 inch, then gave them to an aquarium store to sell.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Hello friends in the CDR. It's been awhile since I've been here I hope everyone and their Torts are doing ok. I'm finally getting started on my pond today. I've decided to put it on my car port. It will get sun there and I think it will be easier to keep clean vs all the falling leaves in my backyard. Here's what I'm starting withView attachment 267925 View attachment 267926
That will be very nice! But could I suggest you put it UNDER your carport, rather than ON it? The leaves would still be a problem, along with other issues...[emoji23]

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sheldon’s tests came back as cancer. He is helping us accept this diagnosis by destroying his brand new mattress. So not happy with him at the moment. The doctor said that we need to watch his appetite, breathing and energy level. He said if it spreads it will more likely go to the liver or lungs. He said on a scale of 1-3, it was a 3. That’s not good. He said it could come back in a month, year, or never since he is so old already. He still seems like he feels fine just loves to drive us crazy while we are gone. The neighbor is having a new fence built and the machine they were using was beeping a lot. He can’t handle beeping so he tore up his bed. I try not to leave him alone for more than an hour but today we had an awards banquet for our daughter. We have him meds to help, but the beeping was too much. The good news is, he didn’t destroy the walls in the hall like he has done in the past. I’d much rather him destroy the mattress.
I'm so sorry to hear this! How old is he? Does he seem pretty comfortable still?

So heartbreaking! [emoji26]

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
That will be very nice! But could I suggest you put it UNDER your carport, rather than ON it? The leaves would still be a problem, along with other issues...[emoji23]
Ya under the car port is probably better :D I didn't do too much with it today just messed around trying to figure out a basking spot.IMG_20190322_174433653.jpg

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Looks like I have a lot of reading to catch up on... I was pretty much out of commission today. My sinuses have been driving me crazy, and I've had one heck of a headache that just wont go away (and stay away). I called in sick this morning, went back to sleep, and didn't really wake up until around 2 PM.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Looks like I have a lot of reading to catch up on... I was pretty much out of commission today. My sinuses have been driving me crazy, and I've had one heck of a headache that just wont go away (and stay away). I called in sick this morning, went back to sleep, and didn't really wake up until around 2 PM.
Sounds like you needed the extra rest. I hope you feel better soon!

Pastel Tortie

North Florida

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I like the really light blue, terra cotta, and pastel pink for desert sand homes. With sand colors mixed in. Florida, many years ago was all white houses...they've improved with very light additions of those colors.

Our roof is terra cotta, so I would want something that goes with that, but light. The light pink sounds good!

If we keep talking about this I'm going to want to do it! But it has to wait...we just signed up today to have an alarm/video monitoring system installed on the house. They had a special offer.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good Mornooning Heather.

How are you doing today?

Good night now... LOL
I’m good. I am having a decaf coffee to unwind while son watches shark boy n lava girl.. this is my TFO, online shopping time:). So my night box is running. I’ve set the oil heater at 78 and the Kane mat at 83... I will check the temps early in the morning while it’s still in the 40’s and see how it held up...

What have you done today Carol??

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Sheldon’s tests came back as cancer. He is helping us accept this diagnosis by destroying his brand new mattress. So not happy with him at the moment. The doctor said that we need to watch his appetite, breathing and energy level. He said if it spreads it will more likely go to the liver or lungs. He said on a scale of 1-3, it was a 3. That’s not good. He said it could come back in a month, year, or never since he is so old already. He still seems like he feels fine just loves to drive us crazy while we are gone. The neighbor is having a new fence built and the machine they were using was beeping a lot. He can’t handle beeping so he tore up his bed. I try not to leave him alone for more than an hour but today we had an awards banquet for our daughter. We have him meds to help, but the beeping was too much. The good news is, he didn’t destroy the walls in the hall like he has done in the past. I’d much rather him destroy the mattress.

He looks so darn sad [emoji20]

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

It’s gorgeous!!! Such responsibility at such a young age! Jess’s best friend does pigs.. her pig is the funniest dang thing I’ve ever seen.. it looks like an English bull dog with a pig face.. I’m talkin serious muscles on little short legs... I was shocked the first time I saw it.. and impressed at how they teach these kids to train the animals.