COLD DARK ROOM

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Haaaaa. Luckily chicken is very cheap, 10-12 drum sticks for about $4.00. A crabcake dinner in here Maryland will run you $20.00. And not nearly as packed with crab as home made. (Plus, we reuse them many times over)

Wonder where your crabs were from? Possibly shipped up from @Moozillion ’s neck of the woods.
Could be! Could be!
Ain't much better than fresh crab that was swimming in the bay 1/2 hour before they hit the table! :p

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Wow... don’t know how I’ve never watched that video.. awesome..
Isn't it nice. I've never watched his videos either. I just like his songs but never really payed attention to the names of them. As it turns out I like a lot of them. If I'm not mistaken, I think he's from the UK.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Serves me right for failing to visit you! Guten Appetit.

I’m mostly settled in. Looking for a full-time job, eventually. Freelancing might not be enough.

My new corner has lots of strange creatures too, of the kind I haven’t seen on the other side. The squirrels are black, the robins are fake (to paraphrase a more knowledgeable roommate), that kind of thing... [emoji23]

[emoji23]

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
This is what happened last year [emoji1]
This is a long one, but stick with it.

My day started with the alarm going off at 07:30.

One hundred miles up the A26 motorway, heading for Calais, JoesDad suddenly says “Is the passport folder in the glove box?”

It wasn’t.

He’d left the folder on the roof of the car.

I rang the hotel, but they couldn’t find it in their car park - the receptionist was outside looking whilst talking to me on the phone.

Then a text from JoesDad’s Dad saying Reims Police had the folder and 2 passports. They’d rung the emergency contact number in the passports.

We headed back to Reims Police Station.

Yes only 2 passports out of 4 and they had clearly been run over several times. The police said they were picked up on the A344 (a major road) near J25 and we might spot the others. Thankfully I speak passable French because the police were lovely, but didn’t speak much English.

So, hazard flashers on, we retraced our route and there they were! Unfortunately 1 was in the central reservation (mine); the other we were able to pick up.

So next call was to the UK Foreign Office helpline who said that the UK Border Agency would probably let us through, but I might have to go to Paris tomorrow to get emergency documents.

So, we headed back to Eurotunnel Calais. Lunch was a quarter of a dried sausage, quarter of a nectarine and either a brioche bun or a pain au chocolat. Arrived late for our crossing. Got through French passport control with 3 bent passports and my driving licence and then ... UK Border Agency

The Border Force lady was brilliant. She gave me a form and we had to park in the “parking spaces of shame” (my words not hers) next to a British car with a baby that had no passport... it’s still there I think.

We filled in the form, were advised the damaged passports should be replaced and, obviously, mine too.

And now we’re on board a Eurotunnel train with our car, only just over 2 hours late so far. I am actually somewhere under the English Channel with an internet connection!

Thank goodness we live in Kent and don’t have a long journey the other side. Although the children must catch trains to their homes.