COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Merry Christmas and happy hollydays.View attachment 284253this is my present from my sister. It's a candy can. I love it. It also had nice chocolate peppermint patty candy. Those are mine all mine. I'm going to use it for the candy I keep out for guests. Everyone knows they don't have to ask to get something from the candy can.
Hi Cathy that's a lovely present and I'm sure your guests will enjoy having candy from Frosty the Snowman!!
I still have some gifts to deliver as I haven't been well enough to drive around and also didn't want to spread my germs about - I don't think anyone would thank me for passing those on!
I hope you had a lovely Christmas.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Apologies for a belated Merry Christmas to you all, I've had a very nasty cold and chest infection that has laid me low this last week.
I made it through the last week in school and managed to get out to finish off Xmas shopping on the weekend, but it hit with a vengeance this week and all I've done is catch up on my sleep at every opportunity. Thankfully it seems to be on it's way out now.
I hope you and your families all had a lovely and peaceful Xmas day.
Sorry you’ve had a rough time of it but glad your on the mend now. Hopefully you can enjoy the new year ;~}

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Yes...she's hitting a milestone. 1 more year and they're considered adults...and after a few more years you might have babies to spoil and send home...Hehehe. It's nice but bittersweet.
I have been raising babies my whole life it seems... I am not going to be one of those grandparents that keeps kids all the time... if I ever get my son up n grown, people will not see much of me I think.
Now don’t get me wrong.... I love kids but at some point I think you should earn “time served” or something... lol

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I have been raising babies my whole life it seems... I am not going to be one of those grandparents that keeps kids all the time... if I ever get my son up n grown, people will not see much of me I think.
Now don’t get me wrong.... I love kids but at some point I think you should earn “time served” or something... lol
I agree...I call grandchildren mama's revenge for a reason...it's like go ahead and let me babysit once.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hi Cathy that's a lovely present and I'm sure your guests will enjoy having candy from Frosty the Snowman!!
I still have some gifts to deliver as I haven't been well enough to drive around and also didn't want to spread my germs about - I don't think anyone would thank me for passing those on!
I hope you had a lovely Christmas.
Our family doesn't really go all out with expensive stuff. I call it trading socks. It's actually more fun. I managed to get my last present out this morning to another brother. I am still having a nice hollyday season and really glad to read that you are feeling better. I've been missing you. Merry Christmas to you too.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I received a Christmas present from Chewy.com. This one is Spencer:

View attachment 284166

And this one is Charlie:

View attachment 284167

And I received this one of Misty last Christmas from them:

View attachment 284168

They ask you to send them a picture of your "fur baby" and I sent the pictures you see on my computer screen in the back ground. I had no idea they were going to do an oil painting of the pictures. Taken by themselves, the pictures don't really look like my animals, but when you look at them next to the pictures, its a pretty darned good likeness!
Wow! They’re good!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Apologies for a belated Merry Christmas to you all, I've had a very nasty cold and chest infection that has laid me low this last week.
I made it through the last week in school and managed to get out to finish off Xmas shopping on the weekend, but it hit with a vengeance this week and all I've done is catch up on my sleep at every opportunity. Thankfully it seems to be on it's way out now.
I hope you and your families all had a lovely and peaceful Xmas day.
Glad to hear you are feeling better. Belated Merry Christmas Lyn :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good mornooning all. Sorry I missed the big day. I had my in laws staying and they’re a little demanding.
We candlight our conservatory at Christmas and it looks so pretty :)
27733D66-1426-46EE-823A-B749EE6A603F.jpeg

On boxing day I did a shift at the rescue. My daughter came too and we had an entire room of hedgehogs to feed, clean and care for which took about 4.5 hours and gave me some respite.

754F72DB-6D09-44F8-A1C4-0A8A20FD482F.jpeg
08F9DB54-DF5A-4D0E-8EBF-24AF2DAFFA01.jpeg
DBDC114D-D2B7-41A0-AEE8-2D78ED6F6257.jpeg

The in laws are back home now and we escaped to a nature reserve near Canterbury for some bird watching yesterday. It was very gloomy, terrible for photos, but the Kingfishers were obliging as ever. The reserve is grazed by hardy Belted Angus cattle which are very cute :)
6DCFE1FB-E6C6-4A2C-974A-44286CEDEB3B.jpeg
4FCD20E0-8802-4330-9237-03F6F69384C2.jpeg
BA9BA739-5CF8-4123-AB89-1CFDA4662FF7.jpeg

Attachments

• A9726B18-4AC0-4352-A009-066AACC0E7AF.jpeg
    A9726B18-4AC0-4352-A009-066AACC0E7AF.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
View attachment 284282 Two frilled dragons arrived at the RSPCA on Christmas Eve. I worked with them yesterday. Getting them out to clean their enclosures was... very interesting:D

Of course.....this little dragon sees a monster finger coming at him for a grab! Interesting pet...

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Hi Lena belated Xmas greetings to you and your family.
I love a Child's Xmas in Wales by Dylan Thomas. I can identify with a lot of the story having grown up in the Welsh valleys.
Lola is well thank you, but his eating and activity have slowed down as usual for the time of year. Some days he doesn't surface and I wish I could do the same on the dark, wet days we have had a lot of lately.
I have bad and better days with my knee problem but I finally have an appointment for the hospital at the end of January so hopefully something can be done.
How was your first Canadian Xmas?
Hi Lyn, sharing is caring but not with germs!! Hope your nephew knows that now. Young people these days! :p
First Christmas in Canada was a quiet family affair with a ton of food. Husband wanted a Victorian-themed Christmas (he gets these ideas sometimes :eek: ), so we had the poor man's menu of rabbit and oyster bisque. Managed to get/make mincemeat pie, but couldn't find the plum pudding and it was too late to make it.
It's very sunny in Ottawa, especially compared with the dark late autumn and early winter in Denmark. Not much snow left on the ground, but we're expecting more (A LOT more, apparently) after Sunday.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Good mornooning all. Sorry I missed the big day. I had my in laws staying and they’re a little demanding.
View attachment 284274

On boxing day I did a shift at the rescue. My daughter came too and we had an entire room of hedgehogs to feed, clean and care for which took about 4.5 hours and gave me some respite.

View attachment 284276
View attachment 284277
View attachment 284278

The in laws are back home now and we escaped to a nature reserve near Canterbury for some bird watching yesterday. It was very gloomy, terrible for photos, but the Kingfishers were obliging as ever. The reserve is grazed by hardy Belted Angus cattle which are very cute :)
View attachment 284280
View attachment 284279
View attachment 284281

Brilliant pix of that Kingfisher! I’ve never ever been able to catch a good photo of one.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Wow, what a perfect day so far today. Based on the weather forecast, I planned to get out kayaking. Great decision...

Tons of geese, ducks, one wee fox, about five eagles, including one sitting on a nest now to hatch eggs.

Here’s one pix, before we head out to do some yard wo4k.

010AF9DC-5929-4BB6-91C1-A2357F7F3AEF.jpeg

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
View attachment 284274

View attachment 284276
View attachment 284277
View attachment 284278

View attachment 284280
View attachment 284279
View attachment 284281
Beautiful ( Conservatory )
And the hedgehogs are adorable... caring for animals give me peace too.. and even better that you got to share time with your daughter...

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Wow, what a perfect day so far today. Based on the weather forecast, I planned to get out kayaking. Great decision...

Tons of geese, ducks, one wee fox, about five eagles, including one sitting on a nest now to hatch eggs.

Here’s one pix, before we head out to do some yard wo4k.

View attachment 284298

Another pix...

4EA6DFFB-7D74-403C-9291-4F91591F1FD6.jpeg