COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welllll.. update on Jess.... they did a vein graft this morning in her long surgery to get blood flow to her wrist in left arm. It worked... but just a bit ago, it failed. She is in surgery again and they are going to try again. I am just here.. waiting.. Hubby was allowed in to see her earlier but he’s had to leave and go with be with the other kids. I will stay. SO.. here’s a happy pic from yesterday, my collage of the senior pics they were taking...( I was standing behind the photographer taking my own with the phone) lol..

I have nothing to do but stay positive and entertain myself with you:)

View attachment 306262
What a beautiful girl!

I t seems like we always have to have a setback or two before we get the good stuff. Jessica's news will be good tomorrow!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Call Montogomery over.
It might bring out a Roommate or two who've been hiding under him.
Bored is fine. Bored is good... But 15 laps! I’d trip over my shadow after 15 laps, unless they’re 15 laps the size of my front lawn. ?
15 laps is not quite a mile. I was working my way up to 20, but that's on the back burner now.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
For all of my friends here.. I really need you now.

Heather, I am just stunned to hear of this awful accident! I'm sorry beyond words that this has happened to you and your family. Please know that I am praying too, for a complete and total healing, physical and emotional. Trauma can be debilitating for both Jessica and her family. Heather, take care of yourself! You can't help her if you are out of commission. Love and prayers to you. ???

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
My daughter doesn't live far and gets off work at noon. She's been a big help.

Yvonne, when you fell how did you get help? Did you have your cell phone on you? Do you have a cell phone?? I know you're not real techie...

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Yvonne, when you fell how did you get help? Did you have your cell phone on you? Do you have a cell phone?? I know you're not real techie...
Good question!
I was actually wondering that myself.

I had visions of one of the horses running to a little local child and saying :
"Neigh! Neigh, neigh, neigh. Neigh, neigh. Neigh, neigh Brrrrrrr. Neigh!"
And the little boy says, 'Horsie, you're tellin' me Yvonne's fallen down and bust her wrist and knee? Quick, we must go and fetch Doctor McHaggis!"

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Welllll.. update on Jess.... they did a vein graft this morning in her long surgery to get blood flow to her wrist in left arm. It worked... but just a bit ago, it failed. She is in surgery again and they are going to try again. I am just here.. waiting.. Hubby was allowed in to see her earlier but he’s had to leave and go with be with the other kids. I will stay. SO.. here’s a happy pic from yesterday, my collage of the senior pics they were taking...( I was standing behind the photographer taking my own with the phone) lol..

I have nothing to do but stay positive and entertain myself with you:)

View attachment 306262

Again I say.... what a beautiful young lady you have... simply stunning. ❤️

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I had finished my 15 laps around the pasture and was walking towards the gate. There's a BIG eucalyptus branch on the ground in front of the gate and I didn't lift my leg up high enough as I stepped over it. I went down like a ton of bricks. . . slapping my left arm over a smaller branch, fracturing a small bone near my wrist, tapping my head and the brunt of my weight came down on my right knee, fracturing the knee cap. O I'm wearing a hard cast on my left arm and a stiff brace on my right leg. I see a regular orthopedist Thurs. I'm no longer in pain, just terribly bored, because I can't get around. I'm stuck in my chair!
I was wondering that as well. She does not have a cell phone. she is very stubborn and super strong willed