COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I
For the Brits in the CDR... I’m going to be on tv on Monday 8th March. Escape to the Country at 3pm features my rescue, hedgehogs and me ??
I was able to watch a high school video from Carol that I think? was televised. I can't remember totally. Maybe a link or or way and we can watch too.? If they would ban it they're in chaos.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
CDR Virtual Vacations presents On this day 2020: We left New Zealand and flew to Sydney.

We arrived at our accommodation mid-morning, dumped our luggage and went for a walk in the rain; fortunately we had all the right gear.

Sydney Harbour Bridge with Luna Park in the background
A0BE58E2-E8EE-4303-A5CD-EA16363E8013.jpeg
Sydney Opera House
2567C873-7526-46CE-831A-9C43191DD140.jpeg

In the Botanic Gardens69E6503F-D40A-4CDE-90C8-43F36DF02A8E.jpeg0CFCDCE6-CADB-42BE-BFCD-F5DE7D26F1D9.jpeg
Australian Wood Duck3CCA8668-36AF-4B79-8D05-7B51BC20C413.jpeg
Australian White Ibis - known locally as a Dump Chook or Bin ChickenD5143FCE-372F-4053-A286-0FD8FAF4830A.jpeg7B6B1EEC-F60F-4B7E-9174-EE2E3AA2D27E.jpeg
The view from our balcony as the weather got worseDE57AF7D-BA19-4744-87AF-B4C47676961B.jpeg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I'm going to keep wearing a mask when I need to. Ohio isn't doing that yet but I found out the cloth masks actually do work for an allergy to mown grass. I could not use the medical ones. They make me sick. So I'll be using a cloth mask from now on when needed.
Heard on the radio the other day that the number of cold and flu cases have dropped dramatically this year so the masks are helping keep all bugs at bay. There was a discussion about whether we should continue wearing them even after covid is under control.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
For the Brits in the CDR... I’m going to be on tv on Monday 8th March. Escape to the Country at 3pm features my rescue, hedgehogs and me ??
Wow - a celebrity amongst us!!
I'll look out for that.
Glad there's something more interesting on tv than Harry and Meghan's attention seeking and whining to Ophrey!!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
CDR Virtual Vacations presents On this day 2020: We left New Zealand and flew to Sydney.

We arrived at our accommodation mid-morning, dumped our luggage and went for a walk in the rain; fortunately we had all the right gear.

Sydney Harbour Bridge with Luna Park in the background
View attachment 320061
Sydney Opera House
View attachment 320062

In the Botanic GardensView attachment 320063View attachment 320064
Australian Wood DuckView attachment 320065
Australian White Ibis - known locally as a Dump Chook or Bin ChickenView attachment 320066View attachment 320067
The view from our balcony as the weather got worseView attachment 320068
There's a live webcam of the harbour that I discovered when one of my nephews was working on the Queen Mary 2 cruise ship. It's quite relaxing watching the boats and ships coming and going.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Just checked our trail cameras. The robins are nesting ?
View attachment 320072
I must get a better camera. The one I have is very hit and miss with recording.
I think I have sparrows nesting in a tall laurel shrub and some ivy growing on a fence I can hear them all twittering away in there and there's a blackbird nesting in some overgrown brambles and shrubs in the garden next door. I just hope they'll be left in peace.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning and happy Saturday all.
It was very cold but beautifully sunny earlier this morning but the grey clouds have gathered again.
Lola hasn't surfaced yet and I don't blame him staying in his warm hide.
Have a good day and TTFN

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I must get a better camera. The one I have is very hit and miss with recording.
I think I have sparrows nesting in a tall laurel shrub and some ivy growing on a fence I can hear them all twittering away in there and there's a blackbird nesting in some overgrown brambles and shrubs in the garden next door. I just hope they'll be left in peace.
House Sparrows roost in shrubs, but won’t nest there. They nest in the eaves of houses.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I loved your picture. My hair is so straight and won't hold a curl. Not only that I kinda look like a zebra with dark and white stripes.?
Thank you. I spent my life bleaching and getting spiral perms so my hair was just ruined. Split ends, frizzy etc. So I got a haircut and SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!! My hair is curly!!! I wash it, shake my head, and done. PS...In all my life I had straight hair, I cut it, and look at what happened. I have hated my hair most of my life, but even tho it's an 80's shag, I LOVE this...thanks!!!