COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
It must be exhausting for you Ray. I hope acupuncture or some other therapy can help you.
Thanks Lyn, I have tried not to share here about it. It seemed like my posts were always complaining about my situation.
It is getting to the point, that my productivity is almost nil. I am really looking forward to the fishing trip. Maybe it will get me out of this slump.
Plus with getting the 2nd vaccine tomorrow, after coming back from the trip. I will be going back to the gym. Already got approved by the insurance company for 30 sessions with a trainer at the gym. Getting motivated will help, I am sure.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Dandelions, dandelions, dandelions.
Tiz the Season of the Bright Yellow Tortoise Treat
to some, a nuisance ?‍♂️
But for TFO a Bounty.
Bright yellow like Sunshine
A Bounty of Nutrition.
Its good they say, it makes them pee. ?

View attachment 322641
I've actually tried the flowers floured and deep fried. They're good. The greens are better when they're young in the spring ?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well, I still haven't managed to go out dandy picking.
By the time I was ready to go the heavens opened and we had a big hail storm followed by sleet and now it's trying to snow. If it had stayed dry I would have gone out, but walking in the cold wind and wet doesn't appeal to me. So Lola will have to wait.

I've been giving him small portions of the opuntia every other day but it seems to be causing sloppy poop so I'll stop for a few days just to make sure nothing else is causing it.
Anyone else have that problem with their tort and opuntia?
Oh yes, Opo gets runny if I feed to much.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Here is one of the what I call a dandelion in the flower bed. Again Opo not interested in the flower or leaves. He loves the dandelion leaves I get from the produce market.
20210406_185544.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Iʻve tried potting soil and topsoil. They still take so long to grow. Iʻm hoping the little nubs that are left miraculously regenerate themselves. For such a hardy and pesky weed theyʻre hard to keep here! I canʻt remember ever seeing on with those beautiful yellow flowers.
Yea a field with them growing is really pretty to me. If all the flooding in my back yard hasn't drowned them I'll get a picture. The bottom part is usually full of the flowers ?.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Here is one of the what I call a dandelion in the flower bed. Again Opo not interested in the flower or leaves. He loves the dandelion leaves I get from the produce market.
View attachment 322646

Interesting. They LOOK like dandelions, but the leaves aren’t as scalloped as the ones up here. The seeds sure do. Very interesting.

So OPO doesn’t even like the flowers?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thanks Lyn, I have tried not to share here about it. It seemed like my posts were always complaining about my situation.
It is getting to the point, that my productivity is almost nil. I am really looking forward to the fishing trip. Maybe it will get me out of this slump.
Plus with getting the 2nd vaccine tomorrow, after coming back from the trip. I will be going back to the gym. Already got approved by the insurance company for 30 sessions with a trainer at the gym. Getting motivated will help, I am sure.
I know what you mean but I'll just pray for you more if you do share. ?I don't really think of your posts as complaining more they are explaining what's happening to you. Have fun with your trip and catch a big fish.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
View attachment 322646
I have 2 types. I'll get a couple of pictures and post them.

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Wow! My poor guys are missing out on some munchies! The ones I planted look like this one on the bottom, but I have never seen flowers. Maybe they eat the plants before they can flower.
Probably they eat them before they can flower. I would do a big deep flower pot and get some free seeds. You aughtta see how big the roots can grow. I tried googling the difference between my 2 but so far I still am not sure about what I found. Ohio does have 2 types of plantain though also. One is English. I'm thinking the first picture is also English but it might be a look alike and be a form of lettuce. Both are edible.?

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Probably they eat them before they can flower. I would do a big deep flower pot and get some free seeds. You aughtta see how big the roots can grow. I tried googling the difference between my 2 but so far I still am not sure about what I found. Ohio does have 2 types of plantain though also. One is English. I'm thinking the first picture is also English but it might be a look alike and be a form of lettuce. Both are edible.?
Thanks for checking! They look so yummy I want to try one!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I have never read your posts and thought you were complaining! We are all here to support each other. I know you have all supported me. I think of you often Ray ad can’t imagine how hard it must be for you and Rose both.. but again, your such an inspiration. I too am looking forward to your fishing trip. I want to see more pictures of the gorgeous boat and the giant Fish!!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Interesting. They LOOK like dandelions, but the leaves aren’t as scalloped as the ones up here. The seeds sure do. Very interesting.

So OPO doesn’t even like the flowers?
Nope he smells them and that's it. I haven't tried in awhile. After snubbing his nose a few times I gave up. Rose bought them at home depot like 5 years ago. She can't remember what they were called. I guess I will look for them next time I go to depot.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I know what you mean but I'll just pray for you more if you do share. ?I don't really think of your posts as complaining more they are explaining what's happening to you. Have fun with your trip and catch a big fish.?
I sure hope we catch some big fish.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I have never read your posts and thought you were complaining! We are all here to support each other. I know you have all supported me. I think of you often Ray ad can’t imagine how hard it must be for you and Rose both.. but again, your such an inspiration. I too am looking forward to your fishing trip. I want to see more pictures of the gorgeous boat and the giant Fish!!
Thanks Heather, the only thing that can mess up the trip is weather. But if it's to rough to fish out in the gulf. This is Florida, we will fish for something.